How To Create A Product Rule With EasyGift
Product rules are conditions which automatically add rewards (in the form of products, discounts and discounted products) to a customer's cart after they add a specified trigger product to their cart.
In this article, we'll explain how to create your first product rule.
Step 1: Create Your Rule
- From the Shopify Admin, navigate to the apps page and then into the EasyGift home screen.
- Click the "Create Rule" button, and give your new rule an appropriate name.
Step 2: Set Your Rule Type
- Your rule type sets what type of trigger you want to use. Select "Product" from the options.
Step 3: Choose Your Trigger Products
- Press the "Choose products" button to select your trigger product or products.
- After you have checked the correct trigger products, click the "Add" button.
- Now choose whether you want the rule to trigger when ALL trigger products are in the customer's cart, or a variable quantity.
- This is useful if you only want the rule to fire when a certain quantity of the trigger product(s) are in the customer's cart.
- This option can also be modified to a certain value of trigger product(s) to activate the rule.
Step 4: Choose Your Reward Product(s)
- Now choose the product you would like to be automatically added to cart when the rule is triggered. The reward product needs to be enabled for your online store in Shopify, and must be in stock, otherwise the rule will not work.
- Generally we recommend only choosing a single product variant, otherwise all variants will be added to cart.
- You can also select the quantity of the product to be added here.
Step 5: Choose Whether To Discount Your Reward
Choose one of three options:
- Do not apply any discounts. This is useful if you are rewarding the customers with a zero-priced product in your store.
- Apply a discount using a Shopify automatic discount. To make a reward free or discounted, you need to set up a Shopify Automatic Discount after you have finished configuring the EasyGift trigger. This is done under the Discounts menu in the Shopify Admin. You should use a "Buy X, Get Y" discount, and select "Minimum quantity of items" or "Minimum Purchase Amount", entering the same product details to match trigger you used earlier. Under "Customer Gets" select the reward product variant from the prior step.
- Apply a discount using a Shopify promo code. This option will automatically apply a promo code when the trigger is fired. Enter the promo code you have already configured in Shopify or a new one you plan to create. This option works well for free shipping and other similar code-based offers.
Step 6: Settings
There are a variety of extra settings you may wish to configure for your rule:
- Allow this rule to be triggered more than once per cart - this setting controls the number of times the offer rule can be triggered. If enabled there is the option to select a Maximum trigger limit to specify the exact number of times the rule can be applied to an order.
- Rule works in reverse - if enabled, this setting automatically removes the reward product from the cart when the rule conditions are no longer met.
- Allow customers to remove the added product - disable this setting if you are adding a deposit or surcharge to the order and you do not wish the customer to remove the added product.
- Only execute the rule once per session - enabling this setting means the trigger can only be fired once per visitor session.
Step 7: Schedule
- EasyGift rules can now be scheduled to run for a chosen period of time. Select either the run this rule continuously option or setup a start and end date for your rule.
Step 8: Choose Notification Options
- EasyGift can show a small notification to the customer when the trigger is fired and the reward is given. You can customize this message using your own image and headline, and choose where it appears in the window.
Step 9: Save Your Rule
- Remember to press save at the bottom to save your rule.
Rule not working properly? Contact support here.